The New Theatre is an exciting place to work and we are always looking for talented and enthusiastic people to come and join us in a range of roles across different departments.
We are extremely proud of our venues and enjoy working in an ever-changing environment with people who have true passion and drive. If you're looking to work in unique surroundings and drive your interests and ambitions forward, we may have just the job for you.
Current JobsThere are currently no vacancies.
Why work with us?
A career with the New Theatre is never dull, often challenging but at the same time fun and rewarding.
- Our business model is unique and our specialisms are broad. You will learn and grow with us.
- Our teams are super people to work with – we know because they regularly tell us!
- We expect staff to express their views, to listen to ours and to be part of decision-making processes.
- We’re proactively committed to diversity and equal opportunity for all.
- We’re very supportive of our staff achieving a happy work-life balance.
- Our vision is quite simply to be the UK’s premier provider of live entertainment and hospitality and we know that our people are our most important asset.
Working with the New Theatre is popular with students as we offer a range of casual opportunities within hospitality, technical and marketing that can work around your studies.
Types of Roles
Providing innovative bar experiences with theatrical flair requires a range of talented bartenders and friendly servers over a range of levels and employment types.
The approachable Box Office team provide excellent customer service while proactively selling tickets in this customer-facing role offering fun and flexibility.
Often the hidden function of a theatre, these heroes make the show happen from assisting with the ‘get-in’ to managing the sound and lighting.
The marketing and promotions teams ensure our customers know about the broad-range of incredible events within the venues' many spaces in this busy but exciting department.
Administration and Management
Off the stage a gifted group of administrators, finance and management teams ensure the venues run smoothly.
Do you love theatre and the arts?
Have you ever considered Volunteering?
There are lots of reasons why people volunteer. It may be that you want to make use of your skills (or learn new ones). Perhaps you would like to broaden your work experience, give something back to your community...or perhaps you simply want to meet people and make new friends. Whatever the reasons, volunteering with the New Theatre is a really rewarding experience!
Volunteer at Cardiff's most historic theatre
Our volunteering scheme provides opportunities to support the historic New Theatre - one of the oldest in Wales!
You can take a peek behind the curtain and play an active role in the arts scene in Cardiff.
Some of the types of things our volunteers help us with are:
- Greeting our visitors with a warm welcome and saying goodbye at the end of their visit
- Directing visitors to any venue facilities they might need and answering any questions that you can assist with
- Assisting with directing guests during an evacuation
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at The New Theatre and are over the age of 18, please email email@example.com
About Trafalgar Theatres
Our venue is one 14 venues within Trafalgar Theatres' portfolio of theatres and concert halls. Trafalgar Theatres currently manages 20 auditoria on behalf of local authorities, with capacities ranging from a 200 seat arts centre to a 2,400 seated/standing theatre. Last year Trafalgar Theatres programmed a total of 2,354 shows which attracted attendances of over 1.5 million.
Trafalgar Theatres is the UK’s second-largest venue operator and is a division of Trafalgar Entertainment.
The New Theatre is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. The aim is to ensure that all employees are treated equally and are employed solely on the basis of their ability and potential to do the job, regardless of their race, colour, gender, sexuality, disability, age, religion or beliefs. Read Modern Slavery Statement